We just returned from a two week trip exploring Glacier, Banff and Jasper on what we've called our #zabelGBJadventure! Each national park had such unique beauty. Photos can't do justice for the magnitude, brilliance and complexity of the landscapes. Here are a few photos and memories from each of the parks we explored.
Glacier National Park (Montana):
- Taking a dip in Lake McDonald after a hot day of hiking
- A full day of rain meant: 1) morning breakfast at Eddies while strategizing how to effectively pack up camp to keep our gear dry, and 2) hanging out indoors at Lake McDonald Lodge
- Going to the Sun road - epic beauty (when the clouds stay away!)
- Exploring Many Glacier: lunch at the lodge, hiking to Iceberg Lake and seeing a moose!
- Hiking the Highline Trail (we attempted 3x due to weather... and finally on our last day were able to make the 13 mile trek along the ridge line). This hike included a gorgeous view of Grinnell Glacier, a close encounter with a mama grizzly and her cub, and so many beautiful flowers
- Campfires (and s'mores) in the evenings
Banff National Park (Alberta, Canada):
- That first shower after a week of camping... heaven!
- Ski-lift ride up Mt. Norquay + lunch with a spectacular view
- Hiking to the two tea houses around Lake Louise: Lake Agnes + Plain of Six Glaciers
- Camping at a site with a bear proof electric fence (i.e they had had six grizzlies around the perimeter the day we checked in)
- Sunrise view of Lake Louise from our room (thanks for the upgrade Fairmont!)
- Canoeing on Lake Louise: the baby blue water is unreal!
Jasper National Park (Alberta, Canada):
- Driving the Icefields Parkway from Lake Louise to Jasper. We spent 5 hours taking in the breathtaking sites along the drive, but definitely could have taken more time!
- Dinner at a local brewery
- The Miette Hot Springs after a long day of driving
- Celebrating our 3rd anniversary: relaxing by the pool, time at the spa and date night dinner with a view!