How is it possible that a year of marriage can pass by both so fast and yet just slow enough?
As each year comes and goes, Kyle and I want to make it a priority to celebrate and reflect together. There is value in looking back on the past year to be thankful for how God has blessed us and where He has taken us. This reflection comes with an honest recognition that it hasn't all been easy and picturesque, but with healthy doses of humility, tough conversations, tears, laughter and joy! We are not the same couple as when we started this journey, and I'm thankful for the ongoing transformation. I think the sweetest changes have been the ways our hearts continue to be softened.
Here are a few reflections from this past year:
- If something takes less than two minutes to do... just do it now!
- A clean bathroom makes for a happy home
- Monthly family budget meetings pair well with a glass of wine
- Real community takes time to develop, but it's worth the investment
- Take time to adventure and dream (but don't forget rest and reality)
- Document the moments both big and small
- When in doubt: run it out
Cheers to the start of year three as a family of two (for now).